GLOBAL ENERGY SYSTEMS & TECHNOLOGY LIMITED
Updated 8th November 2021
Complaints Procedure for Global Energy Systems
- All our staff are aware of our complaints procedure and know what to do if a complaint is
- If you have a complaint regarding a member of staff or the products and services we have
provided, we want to know about it and will endeavour to resolve as quickly as possible.
- We aim to investigate all complaints fairly, efficiently and in a reasonable timeframe. All
complaints will be handled in a consistent manner.
- Complaints will be treated sensitively, confidentially and in accordance with the HIES
Scheme Rules and Code of Practice, which is the Consumer Code we adhere to (You will have
received a copy of these with your contract) and in line with GDPR.
- We aim to resolve complaints effectively and will ask whether you are satisfied with the
resolution and if your complaint was handled fairly and appropriately.
- We view complaints as positive feedback and, where appropriate, will act constructively to
avoid a recurrence. Complaints are reviewed regularly to identify trends, which we may
need to investigate further.
- Complaints can be made verbally (by telephone or in person) and by email or letter.
- When we receive a complaint the complaint handler, Services Team, will record it in the
- Your complaint will be delegated to a suitable member of staff for investigation. They will
acknowledge in writing within 3 working days of receipt, confirming who they are and when
you can expect a further response.
- We endeavour to complete investigations and reach a satisfactory resolution within two
weeks of receipt. In the unlikely event that the investigation takes longer, we will send you a
progress report with an anticipated date for a final response, not more than 2 weeks later.
- The final response will contain details of actions taken during the investigation, the findings
- If at any time you are not satisfied with how we are handling your complaint, you may refer your case to HIES, to request mediation, by telephoning 0330 335 3354 or alternatively, via the HIES website https://www.hiesscheme.org.uk/
- If all avenues have been exhausted and you remain unhappy, you can refer your case to The Ombudsman, who is entirely independent.
- The implementation of this policy and overall responsibility lies with senior management, who will review on a regular basis and update if necessary.
Adopted on 08/11/2021
Last reviewed 08/11/2021.
How to make a complaint:
We aim to resolve complaints as quickly as possible and believe that, in most cases, complaints can
be resolved informally. As such please contact us as soon as possible if you have a grievance.
If you contact us by telephone or in person, make a note of the person you have spoken to.
Make a note of any resolution offered immediately and whether you are satisfied with the outcome.
If you are not happy with the resolution offered, you may take the complaint to the formal stage.
Record your complaint in writing and send to:
Global Energy Systems and Technology Ltd
You will receive an acknowledgment within 3 working days of receipt of your written complaint.
Please include your telephone number and e mail address. We may contact you by telephone to
ensure that we have understood your complaint properly.
Your complaint will be recorded in our complaints’ log and assigned for investigation.
You will receive a detailed response within 14 working days of receipt of your complaint, unless the
investigation takes longer, which may involve a site visit. In which case you will receive a progress
report and an expected date for when you will receive a final reply. This will be no longer than 14
working days later.